Greetings Metrc® Users,
Effective 07/06/2020, the Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) and Metrc would like to announce the creation and required use of a new item category, “Kief.”
This item category will encompass all products which are using the resin glands which contain the terpenes and cannabinoids off lower.
The following fields will be required for the new weight-based item category:
• Unit of Measure
Effective immediately, all licensees must:
• Discontinue existing kief items under the previous category
• Create their kief items under the new category“Kief.” Licensees cannot use the previous item categories of “Concentrate”
• All existing kief items in the licensee’s inventory do not need to be repackaged. This change will be for future items and packaging
The following pages will provide further step-by-step instruction on how to make the required changes.
Categories in Metrc are used as away for licensees to group items they are creating. Once an item is grouped under a certain category, that item is reported back based on the category it is placed under. It is important that all licensees know the categories that are available for these items to be placed under along with the expectation of which category these items should fall under.
Below are the current categories licensees have available when creating an item.
Please note: If you are unsure which category your item will fall under, please contact MRA- compliance at MRAemail@example.com.
• Buds o Bulk bud packages
• Buds(prepackaged) o Prepacked buds into grams, eighths, etc. units
• Concentrate o Examples:Shatter, Wax, Hash, Pull Snap, and Budder
• Concentrate(Each) o Examples:Capsules, Oils, and Syringes
• Immature Plants o For Grower storage purposes only
• Infused Liquid
• Infused Liquid (each) o Olive oil, tinctures
• Infused Non-Edible Liquid o Lotions, creams
• Infused Non-Edible Solid o Examples: Balm, Patches, and Ointments
• Infused-Edible o Examples:Chocolate, Brownies, Gummies, Cookies, and Granola Bars
• Kief o Resin glands which contain the terpenes and cannabinoids Seed so For Grower storage purposes only.
• Shake/Trim o Used for combining Shake/Trim (by Strain) packages for extraction
• Shake/Trim(by Strain)
• Shake/Trim(prepackaged) o Examples: Pre-Rolls
• Vape Carts (each) - effective 11/22/2019 o Examples: pods, carts, vapes, etc.
• Wet Whole Plants
If wanting to use the same exact item name, discontinue the kief items that are not under the correct “Kief”item category. This can be done on the items screen by using the discontinue button
as shown in Figure 1.
Once the discontinue button is selected, an action window will show to be prompted to confirm that the item is being discontinued at the top of the screen as seen in Figure 2.
New items will be required to be created using the new “Kief” category that was created. To do this, navigate to the items page under the Admin area on the top navigational bar as shown in Figure 3.
Once on the page, select the Add Items button as shown in Figure 4.
Create new items for every kief product that the facility produces, ensuring they are being created under the new “Kief” category in the action window as shown in Figure 5.
Please contact Metrc support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-566-6506 with any Metrc questions.
Please reach out to MRA-compliance at MRAemail@example.com with any Michigan compliance questions