In the rapidly evolving cannabis industry, the needs of operators are becoming more complex. The most critical of these needs is efficient, accurate, and real-time inventory management. To meet these challenges, Canix is proud to announce the launch of its Continuous Scanning for Package and Plant Inventory feature. This feature will help to improve the speed and accuracy of inventory management.
Addressing the Core Problem
Cannabis operators are always on the move, managing large inventories and ensuring compliance. Capturing real-world activities and quickly updating Canix is essential. However, the existing system had limitations that did not allow them to do so. For example:
- Limited Functionality: Canix's mobile app supported scanning for plant actions but not all actions. Additionally, package actions were also restricted on mobile. This made it harder for operators to update Canix while they were on the go.
- Data Inaccuracy: Manual data entry was not only time-consuming but also prone to errors. Inaccurate data entry could lead to discrepancies in inventory management.
- Manual Inputs: Logging inventory usage at multiple points in the process leads to wasted time and missed inventory, requiring extra auditing and data corrections.
The Solution: Continuous Scanning for Efficiency and Accuracy
Our new feature addresses these challenges by providing the following benefits:
- Effortless Updates: The new feature allows operators to scan plant and package tags directly into the Canix web app, covering all actions, including compliance, inventory updates, costing, and label printing. This will make it easier for operators to update Canix in real-time, saving time and effort.
- Reduced Errors: By decreasing manual data entry, the chances of selecting wrong tags or making mistakes are significantly reduced. This will help ensure that inventory management is accurate and up to date.
- Flexibility: For those who prefer manual data entry, the feature offers the flexibility to do so, ensuring that all user preferences are met. The feature is designed to meet the varying needs of cannabis operators.
The introduction of this feature promises significant time savings for Canix users. In the last 12 months, there have been approximately 1 million Metrc submissions made through Canix. With the new scanning feature, many of these submissions, as well as other bulk non-compliance actions (like assigning lot_id, printing labels, updating availability status, etc.), can be executed more quickly and accurately.
This feature is not just a response to a general industry demand. It was specifically requested by Canix's largest multi-state operator customers, highlighting its importance and relevance to leading players in the cannabis industry. The feature is expected to improve the efficiency and accuracy of inventory management, ultimately leading to increased profits for cannabis operators.
For more information or to explore this feature further, please contact Canix's sales team at email@example.com today.