Sales (Metrc Manual)
Sales are reported by the industry to record the transfer of cannabis products to a consumer, patient or caregiver.
Sales information is only captured after a Retailer License number has been selected. Recording sales is required for reporting the last event in the chain of custody.
Sales may be entered in two ways:
- Data Import (via CSV file upload or API from a Third-Party Vendor that has completed the certification process with Franwell and the State)
Sales may also be entered from a POS system and must be entered within 24 hours of occurrence. In addition, physical inventory must be reconciled with Metrc at least once every 14 days.
From the Sales menu in the top navigation bar select the Receipts option to access the Sales Receipt page as shown in Exhibit 102. Select the button applicable to the action to be taken. Each button is described below.
- Record Receipts Button. Select this button to launch the Record Receipts page for manual sales receipt entry.
- Edit Receipts Button. Select this button to launch the Edit Receipts page to edit manual sales receipts.
- Finalize Button. To improve response time when looking up receipts on the Edit Receipts page, mark receipts as finalized by highlighting a receipt or multiple receipts and then selecting the Finalize button. A finalized receipt is grayed out on the Sales Receipt list page and cannot be selected for editing.
- Unfinalize Button. Use the Unfinalize button if it becomes necessary to edit a receipt that was previously indicated as finalized. Highlight the receipt(s) to be marked as unfinalized and select the Unfinalize button.
- Import Button. Select the Import button to launch the Data Import page to upload a Point of Sale (POS) comma separated values (CSV) file into Metrc.
- Daily Sales Button. Select this button to launch the Daily Sales page to view daily sales transactions. This page will not be populated with any data, as California does not use this method of recording sales.
- Void Button. Select this button to remove a sales receipt.
Manually Entering Sales
Sales must be entered daily for each individual sales transaction. The following information is required in order to enter sales manually:
1. The date and time each sale took place.
2. The type of customer that made the purchase.
3. The Metrc Package ID for each package involved in the sale.
4. The quantity sold from each Metrc package.
5. The Unit of Measure in Metrc for each package.
6. The total dollar amount sold from each package before tax and after any discount was given.
Once the required information is available, enter sales on the Record Receipts page described in Section 22.214.171.124 below using the following steps:
1. Select the date and time the sale occurred.
2. Select the type of customer: Consumer (adult-use), Patient, or Caregiver.
3. Enter the Package ID by either typing in the last three (3) numbers of the package, or use the magnifying glass icon to find the package.
4. Enter the Quantity sold.
5. Enter the Unit of Measure in Metrc.
6. Enter the Total Price sold for that package before tax and after any discount was given.
7. Press the blue Add + (packages) button to add packages to the Sales Receipt as necessary and repeat steps 3 through 6.
8. Press the Add + (sales receipts) button and repeat steps 1 through 7 as necessary to add multiple Sales Receipts simultaneously.
9. Select the green Record Sales Receipt button at the bottom of the page to record all the sales.
Sales Receipts are editable (including the ability to update date/time, type of customer, quantity, price, and package details) using the Edit Receipts button on the Sales Receipts page and removable using the Void button on the Sales Receipts page.
To access the Record Receipts page, select the Record Receipts button on the Sales Receipts page shown in Exhibit 102 above.
- Sale Date/Time. Use Sale Date/Time fields to enter the date/time for the sale took place. Data can be manually entered or selected using the calendar date/time functions.
- Customer Type. Use this field to specify the type of customer involved in the sale: Consumer (adult-use), Patient or Caregiver.
- Caregiver No. This field is enabled when a Customer Type of Caregiver is selected. California does not require that the Caregiver be tracked, so an entry in this field is not required.
- Patient No. This field is enabled when a Customer Type of Patient or Caregiver is selected. California does not require that the Patient be tracked, so an entry in this field is not required.
- Package ID. Use this field to look-up the Package ID involved in the sale.
- Available. This is a read-only field indicating the quantity in the package.
- Quantity. Use this field to indicate the Quantity sold from the package.
- Total Price. Use this field to record the Total Price of the sale from the package before tax and after any discount was given.
- Add/Subtract Package Buttons. Press the Add (plus) button to add additional packages to the Sales Receipt as required. Press the Subtract (minus) button to remove the corresponding packages from the Sales Receipt. This button only displays when a subsequent package has been added.
- Add/Subtract Sales Receipts Buttons. Press the Add (plus) button to record additional Sales Receipts simultaneously. Press the Subtract (minus) button to remove the corresponding Sales Receipts. This button only displays when a subsequent Sales Receipt has been added.
- Record Sales Receipts Button. Select this button to save the Sales Receipts.
- Cancel Button. Select this button to prevent the Sales Receipts from being recorded.