Creating QuickBooks Desktop Invoices
You can generate an invoice from Sales Orders to be editable and managed in QuickBooks Desktop. Before beginning these steps, ensure your account is connected by following these steps.
Things to Know:
- QuickBooks does not allow an external application to read or edit a company file when another company file is open. However, an external application is able to read and edit a company file if no company files are open. This is a limitation of QuickBooks and not something we can control.
- If you have multi-user mode turned on for your company file, multiple users can post invoices from Canix to the same company file inside of QuickBooks at the same time.
On the Web Application:
- Open the Sales Order you want to generate an invoice for under Sales > Sales Orders
- Select the Generate button in the invoice section below the sales order information
- Select Create QuickBooks Desktop Invoice
- Assign the following fields to QuickBooks Desktop fields on the next page Note: Once selected the first time, Canix will populate the associations with that selection for following invoices until changed.
Note: if the items and customers you are looking for do not populate as options in Canix, select Sync QB Data to resync the items and customers in your QuickBooks account.
- Select the QuickBooks item that matches the Canix sales order item
- QuickBooks Desktop enters Discounts, Fees and Taxes as line items. Select the corresponding items for these in QuickBooks
- Select a QuickBooks customer by searching in the QuickBooks Customer field. If a valid customer is chosen, the customer name will be blue on the right
- Enter an email in Send Invoice To Note: this does not send an invoice to that email from Canix but populates this field in QuickBooks
- Enter an Invoice Date, Payment Due Date and Delivery Date
- Enter Internal Notes (optional)
- Once all fields are filled in, select Send to send to QuickBooks Desktop and further manage your invoices there